Three years ago I wrote a 30 before 30 list. Writing this list was a way of focusing my mind. Moreover it was a way of challenging myself. Not to mention it was a way of planning fun things to do! I’ve also realised that it is a form of self care, a way of staying motivated and have lots of fun things to do and look forward to!
As it was my birthday yesterday I have checked my list and see how much more I need to do!
Here’s my 30 before 30 list:
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Raise money for the British Heart Foundation
- Get a tattoo
- Ride in a hot air balloon – I need to make a plan for this!
- Learn more Greek – Josh very sweetly got me some Learn Greek CDs which I haven’t used. Perhaps I need to book a holiday to inspire and motivate me!
- Join a photography group or take a photography class – I’m not sure how much I want to do this anymore. I hardly ever use my camera now but take lots of photos on my phone.
- Walk on Hadrian’s Wall – I haven’t got anything planned. But I want to go camping in County Durham and then walk along the wall.
- Get a new job – I don’t know if this will happen, moreover I’m not sure how much I want it to happen. It’s also a bit out of my control!
- Start a diary – for the last couple of years I’ve been keeping a sentence a day diary (I’ve let it slip recently and really need to catch up) I’ve also been dabbling with using a Bullet Journal.
- Go on a European City Break
- Go to Ireland – again I don’t have any plans. In my head I want to stay at a cottage in the middle of nowhere like in the film ‘P.S. I Love You’. But it might be that head to Dublin for a weekend.
- Visit Osborne House, Isle of Wight – On my birthday last year I loved visiting Osborne House and padding on Queen Victoria’s beach. It was a lovely few days camping on the Isle of Wight. The sun shone on my birthday but we had storms and rain after that!
- Ride a Segway
- Go to Cadbury World
- Lie in a hammock
- Knit something bigger than a scarf – This isn’t going to happen, I’ve decided that knitting is not for me!
- Sew myself an item of clothing – I’ve made a skirt and then joined a dressmaking class. My dress is close to being finished and I’m also sewing a top.
- Paintball – This is something I no longer want to do, I started having problems with my back when I went to laser quest so I’m pretty sure that paintball would not be good for me.
- Do some volunteering with Milly – I organised Mental Health Mates walks which Milly always volunteered at!
- Visit the Norfolk Broads
- Go to a music festival
- Visit a butterfly park
- Go camping
- Visit Bath
- Stay in a log cabin
- Drive a quad bike – I need to make a plan for this too!
- Dye my hair crazy colours – I’ve had red, blonde, purple and blue!
- Do something that scares me – I’ve decided that I will be going to the Tree Top Adventure at Go Ape. A really long time ago I watched my sister and dad do the high ropes course. I walked along the ground because I was too scared so it feels appropriate for me to do it now as part of this list.
- Get my face painted
- Celebrate the last night of my 20s in style – I’ve got a year to plan my celebration!
So there’s 11 things left to do with 2 maybe 3 things on the list to change with 364 days to go!