This week hasn’t been easy for me personally or many of us. As you know from this post I try not to watch the news too much or dwell on what happens round the world as it affects my mental health. It’s been hard to pull together my Friday five things that I’m grateful for but I’ve doe it. To see if practicing gratitude works I need to do it regularly (and I know that you, dear readers are waiting for this post!)
Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week. Join in! What are you grateful for?
- I am grateful that I visited the Warner bros Studio Tour aka Harry Potter World! It was a really long day, involved lots of train travel and I was feeling really rather unwell with a migraine but I still enjoyed my visit and am grateful that I had the opportunity to go. I’m looking forward to going again without the headache!
- This week I am grateful for self care. My nails are fabulous spring colours, I had a very luxurious bath with the bath cupcake from my buddybox, I’ve had an afternoon nap and had a DIY facial.
- I am grateful for my car. It’s been an expensive and stressful time to be a car owner for me with tax, insurance, service and MOT all coming together. However, I’m able to turn this round and feel grateful that I have a car and can afford to keep it running.
- As ever I’m grateful for my best girl Milly. She was so happy to see me when I’d been away for two nights and I was so pleased to see her too. We’ve had some wonderful cuddles and what we call dog faces when she insists on putting her face right on yours! We also had a fabulous walk on the each last weekend. Milly had us in stitches when she was running in huge circles around us, running through the water and lying down in the mud!
- This week I really am grateful for my partner Josh. He has put up with a very grumpy, sad, panicky and irrational Lauren and I am so grateful to have him in my life.
Join in? What are you grateful for?
Let me know in the comments and if you write your own blog post add it to the link up.