Milly’s Guide is changing – I will now be writing using my name of Lauren Ephithite.
I know you’ve all been wondering how long my blogging break is going to last – it’s been just over 2 months. I was struggling with my blogging, what I was doing and why I was doing it. So I’ve made some decisions:
- I want to keep writing about mental health
- I want to advocate for good mental health services, ideas and groups.
- I want to share what’s going on in my life, my head and with my mental health.
I don’t want to:
- Worry about SEO, GDPR and stats.
- Feel like a little fish in a big pond. There are lots of mental health bloggers which is fantastic! But for a while it felt like a bad thing – like my voice would never be heard.
- Get bored. Blogging was starting to feel like a chore!
- I will be advocating for mental health via social media, on facebook, instagram, pinterest and perhaps a little bit of tweeting as well.
- I will continue to write about mental health through guest posting on other blogs and writing articles.
- I may post occasional updates here or I may start a new site as an online portfolio for my writing.
- I’ll no longer be hiding behind my labrador, Milly and will be writing under my own name – Lauren Ephithite.
I’ve had a brilliant time blogging, I have grown so much, become empowered to talk and write about mental health and met some wonderful people along the way. I hope you’ll join me and support my journey as I take it in a new direction.