Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week. Join in! What are you grateful for?
- I am grateful for a lovely, chilled out weekend with Josh. It was lovely to go out for a long walk, to eat good food, watch a good, light-hearted film (Matilda!) and put photos up in the house, which has made it feel even more cosy and homely.
- This week I went to a conference for walk to be presented with a certificate. When I was up on the stage and the audience were clapping, I felt really proud of myself and grateful for that opportunity.
- I am grateful for my group therapy self esteem course. After missing a week I was quite nervous about going and definitely didn’t feel my usual safe. But I am really pleased that I went and grateful for the opportunity to learn new things.
- Every year at work we choose a charity to raise money for instead of giving Christmas cards. We can make nominations for charities and then vote for which one we want to raise money for – I’m grateful that my choice of our local mental health charity – West Norfolk Mind – was chosen.
- Josh is going to get another two mentions this week. For when I was sobbing my heart out proclaiming that I’m such a mess he didn’t judge (or agree with me!) he simply held and comforted me. And for last night when I got home really late he met me at the train station in the freezing cold with extra layers! I am most definitely grateful for this lovely man.
What are you grateful for?
Join in! I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your own #FridayFive gratitude blogpost.