Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week.
- I am grateful that my mood has lifted. Last week I wrote that I was struggling with feeling low. On Sunday I took Milly for a walk, let her off the lead at an open piece of grass and she flew! She was just so happy, running round and round me. I got my phone out and managed to capture her sprinting and looking so happy! It was at this point that I realised I was feeling better. Not quite as ecstatic as Milly was feeling! But definitely better. I felt like something had lifted, like the black cloud above my head had moved away slightly and I’m a bit more able to deal with what the world throws at me.
- I’m grateful that Josh is starting to feel a bit better. He has been struggling all week with flu. He’s had all work off work, not left home, been in so much pain, coughing and struggling with fever. I have known him for just over 4 years and he has never been this ill before. He went to the doctors yesterday to check there was no complications and today his cold symptoms are getting better which is making him feel better generally. I’m grateful that he seems to be getting better. Hopefully that will continue and he’ll be able to enjoy Christmas.
- Linked to number 2 I am grateful that I haven’t caught his flu! (fingers crossed, touch wood…) I’ve been dosing myself up on vitamin c, zinc and for the first time echinacea. There’s been a few worrying times when I’ve started coughing, sniffling or having a hot flush but so far, so good. I’m hoping that the headache I have right now is just a headache and not anything more…
- I am grateful to my lovely manager and friend Megan. Yesterday it was our last day at work together and not only had she got me a card but a present as well. She knows how much I love colouring and I am now the proud owner of a unicorn colouring card book. I’m also really excited to use it as I have loved sending and receiving Christmas cards this year (so much so that it was my number 4 in last weeks #FridayFive) that I love the idea of carrying on with sending snail mail.
- I am grateful for Christmas! Today was my last half day at work and it was lovely to spend the afternoon chilling with Josh and Milly and then sewing. I am very much looking forward to this break. I’m really grateful for much needed time off work, time with family, chill time and days for self care.
What are you grateful for?
Join in! I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your own #FridayFive gratitude blogpost. And because this will be my last post before the big day – I hope you have a Merry Christmas!