Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week.
- I am grateful for a lovely Christmas with my family. It was wonderful to spend time with my mum, dad, sister and brother in law and also to see my grandad and uncle.
- Josh and I are very fair at Christmas and alternate when we see our families each year. Our parents only live 5 miles apart so we spent the three days alternating between them. I’m very grateful to spend a nice time with Josh’s parents, his brother and our nephews. I am grateful that they have welcomed me into their family.
- I am grateful for our cosy cottage. I’ve been grateful for it before and I am really enjoying living here. Josh and I returned home on the 27th and it’s been really nice to relax. I’ve been embracing hygge – cosying up with blankets, lighting candles and reading.
- I am grateful for Josh. Unfortunately I am struggling with my sciatica. Over Christmas it wasn’t too bad at all, I was barely in any pain. But now it is excruciating. I woke Josh up at 3am this morning when I was physically unable to turn over and then again at 7am when I needed his help to go down the stairs as I felt sick and faint from the pain. I’m grateful for his love, support and for encouraging me to be lazy.
- I was very happy and grateful that this afternoon my leg and back had relaxed enough so that I could do some sewing. I’m very grateful for the gorgeous view out of our spare room that I get to look out on while I’m using my sewing machine.
What are you grateful for?
Join in! I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your own #FridayFive gratitude blogpost.