Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week. Join in! What are you grateful for?
- I am grateful for a really nice long bank holiday weekend with my mum and sister. It was really nice to spend time with them, just the three of us girls. Josh, my dad and my sisters fiancé were away on his stag do, and had a brilliant time, so I’m also grateful that they had a good time and I was very grateful when Josh came home!
- Over the weekend I spent a lot of time at my sewing machine. I’m grateful for that time to spend sewing and being creative. We made bunting for my sister’s wedding, helped her upcycle a dress into a cushion and did some more work on my dress.
- My partner Josh and I work at the same place, and that’s how we met. This week his contract came to an end, so his last day at work was Wednesday. I’m super grateful to all of our colleagues, staff and volunteers, who gave their best wishes to Josh. There were lots of people who told him they would miss him, enjoyed working with him and sent him off with a card, pressie and cake.
- This week I’ve been messaging a couple of friends and my cousin. It’s been really nice to be having these electronic chats and I’m very grateful for their friendship.
- I’m also grateful for the Wellbeing Service, a joint partnership between the NHS and Mind (and they’re why I undertook the Thames Bridges trek last year!) I had a telephone appointment with one of their advisors who was lovely, listened to me and helpful. I’m being referred to a therapist, which is exactly what I hoped would happen. If you’re in Norfolk or Suffolk I really recommend you get in touch with the Wellbeing Service. You can self refer on their website and they have a great selection of workshops.