Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week. Join in! What are you grateful for?
- I am grateful for my wonderful hairdresser, Kerry! She spent several hours yesterday sorting my hair out from a long, bedraggled, bluey greeny mess to a sleek blonde bob. I like the colour and cut. But it was a reluctant change as I had tried to remove the hair dye with no luck, so the blue had to be cut out! I like my hair short and I’m sure I’ll quickly get used to it but I had been growing me hair for a while and just got to the length I wanted!
- I am really grateful that I joined the dressmaking class. It was the last class this week, I have really enjoyed it. It’s been a fun Wednesday evening out sewing with some lovely ladies and I’ve also enjoyed learning anew skills and doing more sewing at home. I’ve still got quite a bit of the dress to do so hoping I can finish it in good time to wear it this summer.
- As ever, I’m super grateful for my man, Josh. In between my hair appointment in the afternoon and my dressmaking class in the evening, he joined me in the city to have some food. As it turned out we only had 30 minutes together! We had a lovely but quick burger at Five Guys for the first time, really yummy! I’m very grateful for all the time we get together and love that he met me just for that short time.
- We’ve had some atrocious weather this week. Continuous rain for getting on for 36 hours! I’m grateful for the rain, it’s good for the grass and our food production. I’m grateful that Josh and I had an excuse to curl up on the sofa and watch a film.
- I’m grateful for some sunny mornings this week (before the rain came!) I’ve been up and about early, delivering leaflets for a local community event listening to music. It’s been a really positive way to start the day.
Join in? What are you grateful for? Let me know in the comments.