Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week. Join in! What are you grateful for?
- I am grateful for a fantastic weekend visiting my old University city and this year’s UK City of Culture – Hull! It was really nice to catch up with two of my lovely friends, exploring, reminiscing and laughing a lot.
- I travelled on the train to Hull and I feel really grateful for those few hours to chill and rest. I have been reading the book You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life and I think that some of it may have influenced me already! After reporting bad service in a restaurant and getting a 25% discount on our meal I was nicknamed a badass 🙂
- I loved being away for a few days but I was also really grateful to get home. Josh and Milly met me at the bus stop as I got off the bus and I know that they were both really pleased to see me and I was really pleased to see them too!
- I am grateful for the opportunity to start a new course and learn a new skill. This week I went to the first of an eight week course dressmaking. I’m really grateful that I found the venue easily and that the tutor and other course attendees seem nice!
- I’m really grateful that I have the opportunity to vote. I have just voted in our local election, although in such a ‘safe’ seat sometimes it feels pointless I am a huge believer in using your right to vote. When I was studying history I loved studying the Suffragists and Suffragettes who campaigned for women’s right to vote and am truly grateful that I am able to.
Join in? What are you grateful for? Let me know in the comments.
Disclosure: this post includes affiliate links to amazon. This means that if you click on the link and purchase this book or other items I will receive a commission. Thank you for your support.