This is my weekly blog post sharing what I am grateful for. Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude and I would love for you to share what you’re grateful for in the comments.
- I am grateful that the headaches I have been struggling with which have resulted in me being signed off work, seem to be getting better (I’m keeping my fingers crossed that carries on!)
- I am grateful for some pretty nails. I regularly have my nails painted with gel manicure. For me, while a luxury it’s a form of self care. I love to look down and see brightly coloured nails – they’re often referred to as my happy nails!
- This week I was the host of the twitter chat #TalkMH which I really enjoyed. This involved choosing a topic, writing questions and engaging people in conversation. I’m grateful for this opportunity to tweet with other bloggers and people passionate about mental health.
- I’m grateful to have had my haircut! The last time I had my haircut I wasn’t very pleased with it. This time I chose a hairdresser based on a recommendation which was fab. I’m very pleased with the cut and now I’ve just got to choose what colour to dye it….
- My fifth thing to be grateful for was going to be the opportunity to see a counsellor. Unfortunately my appointment today was really difficult and not one I’m grateful for. I was put in the really awkward position of having to defend why I take antidepressants – to a counsellor!! So my number 5 this week is for warm and cosy dressing gowns, blankets, hat, scarf and wheatbags – it has been bitterly cold and I’ve needed all of these things to keep warm. A couple of times this week I have walked past homeless people lying or sitting on the street and I can’t imagine how cold they must have been.
What are you grateful for?
Join in! I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your own #FridayFive gratitude blogpost.