Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week. Join in! What are you grateful for?
- This might be a slightly strange start to a gratitude list but here goes… I haven’t been doing so well lately. I’ve been struggling with my mental health. I have been feeling low, drained and wanting to be on my own. All the signs of depression. It’s probably why it’s been quiet on the blog. But this week I am grateful for my doctor, I went to see him and cried and cried. I’m grateful that he listened to me. I’m grateful that we will be working together to improve my mood. I’m grateful for my local wellbeing service who will give me the opportunity to talk to someone about the way that I feel. I’m grateful and proud of myself that I was able to step up and say I’m not doing great and get some help.
- I am super grateful for a few days away camping. It was lovely to spend lots of time with Josh and Milly getting away from it all.
- While we were away we did lots of walking in the Suffolk countryside. I am grateful for the opportunity to spend lots of time outside and that mother nature treated us to some beautiful sunsets.
- I think this is probably 3 weeks in a row now that I am grateful for the skills I am learning in my dressmaking course. It’s a fun class with lots of lovely people. This week I have been pinning my pattern to my fabric and cutting out now I have 26 bits of fabric to sew together!
- Milly is nearly always something that I express gratitude for. I am super grateful to have this girly in my life. She brings me so much joy and is almost a mental health therapy dog for me. This week I have enjoyed lots of cuddles (including in the tent!), lots of lovely walks, she loved camping and was such a good girl at the campsite and in the pubs we visited!