Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week. Join in! What are you grateful for?
- I am grateful that I have been able to climb myself out of a couple of days of depression at the beginning of the week (or at least I hope I have) On Monday and Tuesday this week I felt very low and exhausted. I didn’t attend my group therapy session on Monday evening and then slept for half of Tuesday. After lots of sleep I was able to shower and complete some self care so that I was able to go to work Wednesday and Thursday. I still felt exhausted and down but I came through it to get dressed, get out of the house and act relatively human like at work!
- I am grateful for the understanding that I received when going through this. My manager was very caring and adjusted some of my workload so my return to work was less anxiety inducing and stressful on Wednesday.
- I’m also grateful to the followers of the Milly’s Guide facebook page. When I shared how I was feeling, I got lots of support and understanding. It was great to know that I wasn’t alone and other people understood how I was feeling.
- I’m grateful to Josh for his care and love, always.
- In an effort to be grateful for the colder, greyer weather… I’m grateful that it is soup weather! I love to make homemade soups and take to work for lunch in the winter. This week I’ve tried a new recipe – a yummy spicy lentil soup.
What are you grateful for?
Join in! I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your own #FridayFive gratitude blogpost.