I’ve not been having a great week. I’ve been feeling quite anxious and low. Instead of beating myself up and making myself feel bad about it I’ve been trying to accept it. I’m trying not to worry about why (because there probably isn’t a why and doesn’t have to be) I’m trying to be accepting of the way that I feel and ride out this low mood.
So here I am continuing to practice gratitude with the aim of feeling happier and more positive with the five things that I am grateful for this week:
- I am grateful for a lovely, relaxing weekend. It was lovely to spend the time just me, Josh and Milly. The weather was nice so the three of us went on a 5 mile walk alongside the river. We now live in a village with a railway station so we hopped on the train for a quick, cheap and hassle free trip into town for a lovely lunch out.
- I’m grateful to find a lovely lady in the village who has made my nails look bright, glittery and cheerful!
- This week I had to wait in for a water man to assess whether we could get a water meter fitted. He was a really nice man who phoned up to let me know when he would be arriving – very much appreciated as I only had a 5 hour window before. Also, we were able to get a meter fitted and as we’re careful with water it should half our bill which I am very grateful for as money is tight.
- We’ve been in our new house now almost a month and a half. I’m grateful that after some recent sorting out I feel settled here.
- Even though I’ve been having a low and anxious week I’m grateful that I can still find so many things to be grateful for (without even mentioning being grateful for my friends, family, Milly and Josh!) so yes I’m grateful for being grateful!
What are you grateful for?
Join in! I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your own #FridayFive gratitude blogpost.