Firstly a very big Happy Birthday to my best friend and boyfriend Josh! It is also our Anniversary – four years together and I’m always very grateful to have you in my life.
Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude, so here’s my #FridayFive which are the five things that I am grateful for this week. Join in! What are you grateful for?
- I am grateful for a lovely night out last weekend for a dear friend’s birthday. I was super anxious about going out, so much that I thought about not going. I was anxious about going out in the evening to bars, about getting dressed up and being around lots of people. But I am so proud of myself and so happy that I went. I told the birthday girl that I was anxious about going, she was so understanding and just telling her made me feel so much better. Ultimately I knew that I would feel worse if I didn’t go, I’m grateful that I could get over my anxiety and have a lovely night out.
- I’ve been feeling a bit poorly this week, it’s like I’m getting a cold but haven’t got a cold yet. This means I have had a headache, had a sore throat and been tired and sniffly all week BUT I’m grateful that I don’t have a full on cold!
- I’m grateful for a night in alone this week. It’s not often that I enjoy being home alone but I had a wonderful evening just me and Milly on the sofa. I watched a Sarah Millican DVD and giggled a lot!
- This week I’ve got a couple of days off work to celebrate Josh’s birthday and our anniversary. I’m grateful for a very chilled out Thursday – it’s felt like a very hygge day. We had homemade soup for lunch, baked cookies, went for a fun walk with Milly and curled up and watched a film.
- I am very grateful for Milly. I watched a trailer for a film all about dogs which made me cry and profess my love for her (completely sober, I hasten to add!) I can’t imagine what I would do without her and whenever I think about it…. don’t watch the film or the trailer of A Dog’s Purpose if like me you’re prone to bursting into tears.
What are you grateful for?
Join in! I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your own #FridayFive gratitude blogpost.