This is my weekly blog post sharing what I am grateful for. Practicing gratitude is supposed to lead to happiness and a more positive attitude and I would love for you to share what you’re grateful for in the comments.
- I’m grateful for a couple of lovely sunny days at the start of the week. We had the clock change last weekend, spring forward, so I woke up feeling a bit grumpy that I had missed an hours sleep! After a morning nap on the sofa with Milly it was lovely to go for a long walk along the river. It was so sunny that I went out without a coat and it felt really quite warm in the sunshine! Although the warm weather didn’t last long and it’s been quite grey, rainy and miserable for most of the week I am grateful for the couple of lovely, sunny days we did have.
- I’m grateful for finding a good hairdresser. Ever since moving house I have been struggling to find a new hairdresser. I used to see a lovely lady who just ‘got’ my hair. She had been cutting my hair for several years and understood the way that it needed cutting and how I liked it. She saw me through all of my crazy colours and cut out the blue for me! I used to drive quite a way for my appointments and once I moved it just wasn’t practical to see her anymore. After a haircut that I hated I have now found a nice, new hairdresser who I can get on with. My hair is now shorter and I’ve dyed it red so feel grateful for nice hair!
- Yesterday, Josh and I both had the day off work and we spent a lovely few hours exploring the city of Ely. I am grateful to spend time with him and have a ‘date day’.
- I’m grateful that I wrote this blogpost ‘How to look after you’re mental health when you’re in pain.‘ Ironically – a few days after publishing the post I am now once again in a lot of pain with sciatica. Last time I was really laid up with this pain was at Christmas and my mental health suffered so this time I am trying to be aware of my feelings and look after myself.
- I’m grateful for a lovely, long weekend off work. I have taken an extra day of leave this Easter weekend so have 5 days off to spend with Josh, Milly and my family. I’m trying not to get to cross at the fact that I am in a lot of sciatic pain and can’t move around very much when I’ve got time off work and wanted to do fun things!
What are you grateful for?
Join in! I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your own #FridayFive gratitude blogpost. I hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend and week ahead.